Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The gig itself

The gigs with the trio are going well. My fingers look like a Warner Bros. character after he or she gets hit in the hand with a mallet, anvil, or piano. 4 and a half hour gigs each night are no joke on the upright bass if you're out of practice.

We play at this cigar bar on the ship. It's one of the only places indoors where folks are allowed to smoke. It's also the only place with big screen TV's, which poses a problem when Monday Night Football or LSU games are on during our gigs. They asked us to stop Monday Night after a couple songs to placate the numerous Cowboys fans who were tired of my bass obscuring their
view of Tony Romo throwing countless interceptions :-)

I enjoyed the night off while the other guys in the trio were pretty angry about getting told to stop playing. It's nice to know that the guys are so hungry to play. Maybe when my hands stop throbbing, I'll be right there with them.

No comments: